ch4
A week later
Emilia
I lay on a bed with my legs open as the doctor inserted some sticks inside of me Mrs. Grey was standing next to me but left a minute ago to answer a call, "stay still Miss Clark. "the doctor warns almost making me want to bark at her, how the hell does expect me to stay still while she sticks this shit inside of me.
My palms are sweating excessively, I can barely breathe or think properly maybe this a sign that I shouldn’t be doing this. My heart began panting heavily, “Emilia.” the doctor calls in worry.
“I need air.” I let out breathlessly.
“calm down Emilia, take a deep breath,” she said, I nodded and sucked in a deep breath letting it all out slowly, “its okay to be nervous.” the doctor explains, “just take your time, we will start when you’re ready,” she says with a smile.
I nodded and laid back down ready to get it over with it, I take another deep breath and centred my eyes on the ceiling, you can do this Emilia, it’s not like you have a choice, do it for Jason, mom, and dad, "are you ready?” the doctor asks, I close my eyes and nod.
I shut my eyes tightly as I began to feel a slight discomfort down there, it didn’t hurt or anything it just felt cold, I began taking my mind to all the reasons why I am doing this just to pass time.
After what felt like forever, I felt the doctor covering me up,” it’s over. "she says and I open my eyes, “you’ve to be really careful these few days.” she says as I tried to sit up straight on the bed.
“am I pregnant now?” I asked and realised how stupid that sounded.
She chuckled, "No dear, it would take two to three weeks before we can be certain, there's 50/50 chance this might work so don’t be alarmed if it doesn’t.”
I nodded understanding.
“that will be all, remember to take it easy for these few days,” she says with a smile before walking out the door, as soon she left the door swings open and Mrs. Grey walks in, "how are you feeling?” she asks and it almost seemed like she care about me for a second. I tried sitting up and she rushes and helps me,” the doctor recommended you lay down for a few hours.” she says.
I nodded and laid back down taking my head to the other side of the bed, I covered my mouth with my hand as I felt my tears about to choke out, "thank you, Emilia.“Mrs. Grey voice echoed making me turn to her in disbelief, did I hear wrong?
She moved closer and sat at the edge of the bed, "thank you.” she repeats between the shocked expression I managed to nod.
It’s Probably the meds messing with me now but she actually looked human for a second. Definitely the meds, I should lay down for a while and get my sanity together. I closed my eyes,” Damien wants to meet you.” she says and I fluttered them open immediately,” he got really furious when he found about the surrogacy and asked to see you.”
My eyes widened,” he didn’t know?”
“if he knew he would’ve done everything in his power to stop it and Damien isn’t exactly an easy person to convince.”
I ran my hand through my hair in frustration,” this is wrong.” I let out. This is all wrong Emilia, everything about this is wrong and the fact you’re doing it for money makes it all worse.my inner voice screamed from inside. I jumped off the bed,“I can’t do this anymore, I am sorry Mrs. Grey.”
She laughed an actual scary evil laugh that had me frightened for a second,” it’s adorable and satisfying how you think you still have a choice.” she said revealing her true evil self again.
I ran my hand over my face,” this isn’t what I signed for.”
She chuckled, "this exactly what you signed for Miss Clark for five hundred thousand dollars.” she spat, "so, this is how things are going to go, I will arrange for you two to meet next weekend and you will do exactly as I tell you to do, "her evil eye pierced through mine, "is that clear?” she asks, under the fancy designer clothes and expensive jewelry was a cold and heartless woman willing to do anything to get what she wants, if I had to give her my baby, I need to be sure Damien isn’t as heartless and cruel, I needed to be certain he would be able to protect our child.
I nodded.
- _______
Comments
Post a Comment