ch5

Emilia
It’s been almost three week since my insemination and I am not quite sure how I had made it those past weeks without attempting to shoot myself, I can barely sleep or eat and anytime I try to close my eyes I am instantly reminded of what a terrible person I am for considering selling my first child for money.
Let’s say for the past hour, I have been sitting at the dining table stabbing at the food on my plate, I don’t know what it is I am eating but I know one thing it tastes disgusting. Getting up I grab the leftover on my plate and place it in the fridge deciding to eat it later, I was about to make it back to my room when my phone suddenly began to ring. I pull it out of my pocket and looked at the caller ID, oh! If isn’t the devil her self Mrs. Grey, I battled myself whether or not to answer it because I really didn’t want to speak to her but at the end she will always win because she literally owns me now.
“Hello.” I answered with a lot of venom's filled in my voice.
“meet me at café Corazon in five minutes. “she said emotionlessly and before I could reply she hung up. Ash, I hope she shocks on her rich people’s coffee before those five minutes come. I ran my hand through my hair, I barely even know her and she’s already bringing out the worst in me.
I walked over to my closet and began ransacking through it looking for something appropriate to wear, in the end, I went for something simple like a white V neck shirt and a black jean, I tied my hair into a bun, wore my flats, picked up my bag and made it out the door, thankfully the weather wasn’t so cold, I walked across the street and pulled up a cab. I got in, "café Corazon.” I said to the driver, café Corazon is a popular expensive coffee shop few blocks away.
The driver nodded understanding. I leaned back and stared out the window.
After a few minutes drive we made to the coffee shop, I paid the driver and got down from the car, through the glass window I could see Mrs. Grey slowly sipping to her coffee majestically like she had no care in the world, I rolled my eyes and made it inside without saying a word I pulled out a chair and sat down,” Miss Clark.”
“Hmm.” I murmured.
“What would you like?” She asked signalling a waiter over, “you clearly can’t afford a place like this, so it’s on me.”
I rolled my eyes at her vagueness, “Latte.”
She lifted her hands to the waiter as an indication of duplicate orders, the waiter nodded and left before she turned to me,“any signs of pregnancy yet?” She asked taking her eyes to my stomach.
“Not really, I mean, I threw up yesterday other than that nothing.”
She nodded, "that's a good start.”
“Is there a particular reason why we are meeting here and not at the office?" I asked attempting to go straight to the point, I can’t bare any more seconds with her.
“Damien is still insisting on meeting you, last night he threw a huge tantrum. "she said, probably trying to get me to feel sorry for her. The waiter returned with our orders, there was a bout of silence as he placed the cups in front of us, Mrs, Grey immediately grabbed her cup and began sipping it. after taking several sips, she puts the cup down and look up to me, “He insists on seeing you.”
Taking a deep breath, I spoke up but in a more softer tone this time, "why are we here?” I asked, but with a hint of attitude in my voice.
She leaned forward, "to remind you of your contact Miss Clark.” she dropped her cup, “you know, my son Damien as a way of compelling women with his charms and before they realise it they are completely wrapped up around him-:“I cut in, "your point?”
“Just stick to the reason I hired you, Miss Clark and make sure you don’t get distracted. "she said and I almost threw up in disgust at her words like I would ever want anything with such a stuck up family not to mention her son Damien grey, “don’t worry Mrs. Grey, I would never be interested in your son.” I shot making sure the disgust was eminent on my face.
She chuckled slightly,” very well then,” she said as she stood up," I will send the driver to pick you up at noon tomorrow.” she picked up her bag laying on the empty chair,” I will be taking my leave now. "she said and swept off without so much of a goodbye.
I sat there staring at her half an almost empty cup of latte that laid on the table thinking what a terrible person I have become in such a short time and this is merely the beginning.
____

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Grey Book 1

ch4