ch7

A week later...
Emilia
“I am done with the greys, I mean no child should be subjected to such a toxic environment,” I yelled to Amber from the shower, she was wiping off her makeup in the other side of the bathroom,“You should have seen how cold and rude he was to me, not to mention he didn’t even look at me once like I repelled him or something.”
She sighed,“I told you it won’t be easy, the Grey’s are known to be very arrogant and selfish, I warned you but you wouldn’t listen.” she said and I pulled the curtains aside to look at her,“I know, I should’ve listened to you and I am sorry, I was so clouded with the money that I ignored everything else.”
She smiled weakly,“so what’s the plan now Em?”
“I don’t know,“I said getting out the shower and wrapping a towel around my body, I reached into my drawer and pulled out my jemmies.
“We need to find out if you are pregnant, that’s the only way we can get you out of this mess,” Amber said, I nodded hysterically,“what if I am?”
She bit her lips, that’s another way of saying then you are screwed my friend,” the test is in my purse.“I said, she nodded and walked out the bathroom to get it, I slid into my jemmies and sat on the close slid off the toilet. Taking a deep breath.
I closed my eyes attempting to control my racing heart, Please don’t be pregnant, I prayed.
I opened my eyes instantly as I heard footsteps approaching the room, Amber walked in with the test in her hand,” here.” she said handing it over to me and with shaky hands I took it from her,“do you need me here?” she asked.
I nodded, I definitely can’t do this on my own,” here we go.” I whispered under my breath.
....
A few minutes later and my patience seems to be wearing out, my anxiety seems to be reaching to its maximum as I paced agitatedly around the bathroom,“calm down Em.”
How?
I scoffed, how the hell was I supposed to be stay composed right now, my entire life could be over in a minute. I thought I could do this, I thought I could be strong for my family but it turns I can’t, I am weak and apparently very stupid to think I could pull this off,“how long?“I asked.
“A minute more.”
“hey.” she muttered making me stop and look at her, “whatever happens, it would be fine,” she said with a reassuring smile, how could she be so composed in a moment like this, oh! I forgot I am the one whose life is being ruined, not hers,“would you like something to drink and calm yourself first,” she asked and I shook my head.
She smiled before looking down at her watch,” it’s time Em.”
I let out a huff of breath,” can you-:“she cut in,“yes of course.” my heartbeat began to accelerate as I watched her move to the other side of the room where the test was.
I chewed my lips agitatedly as she turned back to me with an impassive expression on her face,“what happened Amb?”
Silence.
“Amb-:”
She opened her mouth to speak and closed them back up again.
“No no no.“I let out snatching the test of her hand.
it’s positive! It’s positive!
No!
A sudden loud scream was heard in the room and it took a while before I realised it was coming from me, Amber rushed and held to me,“calm down Em.”
“Don’t fucking tell me to call down.“I snapped,“it’s not your entire life that’s being ruined right in front of your eyes, so don’t you fucking tell me to calm down.” I snapped choking at the end.
She placed her hands on my shoulder turning me to her,“I mean, It’s not too late.”
“For what?“I shot back,“I am pregnant Amb, my entire life is over now, don’t you get it?”
She shook her head,” it doesn’t have to be Em, you can get rid of it.”
“wait!? what?”
“Get rid of the baby Em, I know someone that can help take it away without any complication whatsoever,” she explained like it was the easiest and the most normal thing to do in the world.
“I can’t.”
“why not? It’s the perfect plan, you can’t possibly be thinking of taking care of a baby right now, you can barely even take care of yourself.”
“The Grey’s:“she cut me off, “yes! I am aware what the contract says, but no one has to know, tell them it didn’t work, make up a story or something,” she said and held my hand giving it a tight encouraging squeeze,” like you said earlier on Em, no child should be subjected to such a toxic environment.”
I know and I know, I would forever hate myself for admitting it or even considering it but Amber is right, this child would be better off not being born, wiping my tears, I sucked in a breath,“okay.” I nodded hysterically.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mr. Grey Book 1

ch4

ch5