Mr. Grey Book 1


Emilia Clark
I sat still twinging my fingers together nervously as I waited anxiously for my interview with Mrs. Grey. I don’t know much about her other than she’s the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company called the Grey’s enterprise which was previously controlled by her son, Damien Grey.
Currently, no one has heard or seen him after he had been reported to have been involved in an accident two years ago.
Recently an Ad. was placed by the Grey’s for a job interview with no description of the job whatsoever. I am hoping it doesn’t turn out to be for one those porn adverts or worse because I really need a job,“Mrs. Grey will see you now.” the receptionist spoke up breaking me out of my thoughts, I looked up at her very chiseled face and smiled regardless.
I took in a slow deep breath and gathered myself up before deciding to go in.This shouldn’t be so hard, I thought.
I placed my hand over my mouth in shock as I made it further into the room, her office was enormous like nothing I had ever seen before, sure I have seen a lot of cool offices before but, none could even compare to this one, her desk was at the far end of the room so she couldn’t see me make a complete fool of myself.
I took a deep breath and made my long ending walk towards her.
Her cold piercing eyes scanned me in silence as I stopped in front of her desk, making me question my choice of clothing.“Sit.” she ordered, her voice breaking the silence. I nodded and took a sat facing her desk ,“let’s began.” she said, clearly not wanting to waste any more of her time on someone like me.” your profile says you’re English Lit. major.“She asks reaching for a blue folder.
“Yes.”
She took a few seconds reviewing the folder which I am assuming is my profile,“do you know why you’re here Miss Clark?” she asked lifting her piercing eyes up to me.
I shook my head.
There was a pause as she quietly studied me,“Have you by any chance met my son, Damien?” she asked again.
I shook my head not sure what that had to do with anything,“I am just here for the job ma’am.“I found myself having the courage to speak up.
She got up from her chair and walked towards the windowpane and stared out for a few seconds before speaking up,“Damon was involved in an accident two years ago and since then, he hasn’t been out in the spotlight.“she paused,“I know,half of the world already assumes he’s dead.” she murmured the last part before turning her stormy eyes back to me,“Damon is my only child and without him there won’t be anyone left to carry on the Grey name and legacy.”
that is really sad....
“Do you know where I am getting at Miss Clark?” she asked moving slowly towards me, have I by any chance mentioned how intimidating she looks?
I shook my head,“No ma’am.”
“I want you Miss Clark to be my son’s surrogate,” she said bluntly, hitting the nail on the head.
I almost fell out off my chair but I managed to regain back my composure,“You want me to have your son’s baby?” I asked again, hoping I heard wrong.
“Yes.” she walked back to her desk,” and of course you’d be paid splendidly for it.” she leaned her back against her chair,“I am informed you’re having money problems.”
“How much?” A voice spoke up, it took me a second before I realised the voice was coming from me.
“Five hundred thousand dollars and double if it’s a boy.” She said and my eyes widened with shock, how much money could they possibly have?
“This is just the perks of it Miss Clark, you stand a chance to gain a lot more.”
I bit my lips thinking of the things that sort of money could do for my family. I shouldn’t even be considering this, but on the other hand, the money she’s offering will go along way in solving a lot of unsolved debts.
“Unless you don’t feel comfortable with it, then:-”
“No.” I let out instantly, remembering my family and how they really need the money,“Can I at least think about it?” I asked.
“This a one time offer, Miss Clark.”
I bit my lip, all my mind could picture is the money.
“Miss Clark?”
“I will do with it.“I let out almost instantly.
Her mouth turned into a slight smile,” very well then, we will meet next week to begin the screening and processing of your contract.”
I nodded.
“That will be all, for now, Miss Clark.”
“Thank you,” I whispered and got up to leave, carrying a baby for 9 months shouldn’t be so hard, I thought as I made it towards the door.
“Miss Clark.”
“Yes,” I turned back to look at her.
“Do I need to remind you of the confidentiality of this meeting?” she asked, her voice sounding more like a threat.
“No ma’am.”
“Good.”
I gave her a half smile before walking out the door. hopefully, my best friend Amber will knock me out of this ridiculous idea.
After a long dreadful walk from the Grey’s, I finally made it back to my apartment, I happen to be sharing an apartment with my best friend Amber, “Amber?” I called as I dropped my keys on the counter and made it towards the living room.
She was stuck on the couch watching the baseball game,“Hey.” I let out as I snuggled up next to her.
“Popcorn,” she asks.
“Sure.“I said with a huff as I pawned my hand into the bowl of popcorn,“I hate my life.” I let out and shoved a handful amount of popcorn into my mouth.
She turned her eyes to me,“what happened?” she asked,“at least tell me you got the job.”
I nodded.
She placed her hand over mouth in joy,“that’s great Em.” her smile turned to a frown,“wait! why don’t you look happy?”
“Because it comes with a price.”
“What price Emily? What are you talking about?” she raised her knees and crossed her legs on the sofa turning her full attention to me.
Silence.
“Em, what price?”
I bit my lips,“I have to be a surrogate.” I whispered.
She stared at me in silence trying to process it, then her face falls, “what?” she yells out.
“It’s just a baby, Amb.”
“Are you insane? You’re thinking of throwing your life away, for what-:“I cut her in,“The money Amb, do you know how much they are willing to offer, this might be the only chance I have to be able to help my family.“I explained.
“Not at the expense of your future, Em.” she reached out and rubbed my hand softly,“You don’t have to this.”
“I am doing it, Amber.”
She let out a deep huff,” this is insane, you know right?”
“I know,” I admitted.
“Do you at least know who you are getting pregnant for? Or what he looks like?”
“Damien Grey.”
Amber’s eyes almost fell out of its socket,” you are going to carry Damien Grey’s baby?” she repeated slowly.
“Yes.”
“Hell no!” she yells,“You can’t be having a dead man’s child, that’s a hell load of crazy.”
I threw her a sceptical look,“no one knows that.”
“The dude has been missing for two years Em, a day after his accident all pictures, videos and information connected to him disappeared mysteriously, that only adds to one thing, the dude his either dead or worse incarcerated.”
Suddenly the doorbell rings,“pizza!“Amber squeals excitedly as she bounces off the couch and headed towards the front door.
I rolled my eyes playfully at her silly reaction before leaning my head against the couch instantly diverting my mind to what she had mentioned earlier,‘why would anyone want to hide out for so long?’
___

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ch4

ch5