ch2
Emilia
It’s been a week since my encounter with Mrs. Grey and I still haven’t heard a word from her, a little part of me is hoping she would eventually come around but the other part is taking it as a sign.
In the meantime I have another Job interview tomorrow, I couldn’t keep waiting for the Grey’s to get on their high horses and contact me while my family sunk0„2 in more debts. I had to do something.
I grabbed my phone from the side table and made it out the room, I happen to be spending the weekend with my family, I entered the kitchen to see my mom making dinner. My little brother Jason was playing PlayStation in the living room downstairs with some of his friends from school.
“Hey! Mija.” my mom said with a weak smile, her under eyes looked puffy, it’s obvious the whole stress is weighing getting to her and it breaks my heart that I can’t do anything to help.
I smiled back and helped her with dinner.
“Mija,” she called as I chopped the potatoes.
I turned my eyes to her,“yes.”
She reached out and grabbed my hand giving it a tight squeeze,“Are you happy?” she asked, her eyes looked stormy like she had been crying.
“Of course, mom.” I lied.
“Mija, you don’t have to lie to me.” she looked away avoiding eye contact for a second,” I know things haven’t exactly been great around here, but I don’t want you or brother to worry about anything because your father and I are handling everything...okay?”
I nodded,“I am happy mom.” I stated with a smile. She eyed me for a while before she nodded and focused back on preparing dinner. If only she knew how much it kills me that I can’t do anything to help.
“Jason, dinner is ready!” my mom’s loud voice echoed through the room and not a second later Jason came rushing down the stairs taking his favourite chair beside mine. Jason was the replica of my father with midnight dark curly hair, tanned skin and an ocean like eyes for a thirteen her old he was gorgeous, I on the other was an exact replica of my mom,” where’s Dad?” Jason asked as mom placed the plates on the table.
“Oh! um he’s working late honey.” she trailed off her voice almost cracking at the end,” I made lasagna.” she chirped in cracking up a smile and instantly dishing the food on our plates.
“thanks, mom.” we uttered uniformly as we began digging our forks into the delicious looking lasagna.
“it’s delicious mom.” Jason squealed shoving a fork full in his mouth, she just chuckled at his reaction,“be careful.” she warned playfully, her eyes where stormy which meant something was wrong, I decided to shove it off my mind knowing she would never talk to me about it.
After dinner, Jason rushed upstairs to his room, I stayed back and helped her with the dishes before heading upstairs to my room, feeling really exhausted I threw myself wistfully on the bed and zoomed of instantly.
4.30 A.M
My eyes fluttered open at the sound of my phone buzzing, I sat up straight and reached out for my phone that laid on the side table, it was a text from my friend Josh reminding me of my interview this morning. I sighed and threw the phone on the bed before curling underneath my sheets and falling back to sleep.
Beep beep beep
Ugh, I groan hitting off the button of the alarm, I checked the time and slumped down from the bed rubbing the sleepover my eyes as I slow scurried towards my closet to pull out a simple outfit for the day, before I tiredly went to the bathroom. I only have one hour to get ready for my interview.
I turned on the shower and stripped out of my clothes before stepping into the tub, the water felt so warm and relaxing against my body, I don’t think, I would be getting out anytime soon.
After what felt like forever, the water began to get cold, I rinsed my hair and stepped out the tub wrapping my towel around my body, I combed my hair and began to blow dry it.
I tied my hair into a bun and wore my clothe. After I was done, I stared at my reflection in the mirror wondering how Emilia Clark the girl with perfect 4.0 GPA end up here with no job or source of income.
I sighed heavily hopefully today will be a better day.
I grabbed my coat off my desk chair and slid into it before walking out of the room slamming the door behind me.
Walking down the long hallway towards the living room, I heard some voices conversing, “mom?” I called as I made it to the living room, there was as an unfamiliar lady sitting comfortably on the couch while sipping to a cup of coffee, her back was facing me at the moment so I couldn’t see her face properly.
I threw my mom a questionable look,“Mija meet-:” the lady cut in turning to me,“Miss. Clark, I am assuming we’ve met?”
My jaw fell and I froze.
Mrs. Grey.
“Mija! Are you okay?” my asked snapping me out of my trance,“yes..” I rambled, my legs began to get weak at the thought of my parents finding out about my stupid surrogacy plan, my mom would be devastated and heartbroken beyond repair.
“mom-:“I trailed off ready to spill out the whole truth but Mrs. Grey cuts in almost immediately,” Miss Clark would be working in my company as my assistant,” she said her eyes scrolling down my body,” she seems efficient enough for the job,” she added.
I felt my muscles relax a bit.
I turned my eyes swiftly to my mom, she had a hearsed expression on her face but managed to cover it up,“I didn’t know you applied for a Job mija?” she said.
You don’t know the half of it, mom!
I swallowed thickly,” it must have slipped my mind.“I said cracking up a smile, she doesn’t seem thrilled about it.
Mrs. Grey dropped her cup of coffee on the side table and got up, “I will be taking my leave now.” my mom cut in,“why don’t you stay for breakfast?”
“Another day Mrs. Clark.” she said and turned her eyes to me,“Are you ready?” she asked her eyes piercing into my soul,” it’s now or never miss Clark.”
I nodded and reached out to my mom pulling her into a tight hug,“see you next weekend mom.” I whispered over her shoulder.
I didn’t want to let go.
“be safe Mija,” she whispered back pulling away, I gave her one last heartfelt smile before stepping out the door with Mrs. Grey.
As we completely stepped out the door, we were greeted by a driveway filled with black limos who knew these much cars could fit into our small driveway.“I don’t have all day Miss. Clark.“Mrs. Grey Spoke up startling me out of my trance. I nodded and sucked in a deep breath before getting into the car, ready to sign my soul to the devil.
____
Comments
Post a Comment